Senior Sales Engineer
Senior Sales Engineer
Senior Sales Engineer
The Senior Sales Engineer is charged with providing subject matter and technical expertise in sales opportunities to facilitate the discovery and capture of business needs and opportunities, to develop and analyze solutions, and to engender confidence and credibility through client and prospect engagements. This position will support our company's entire product and solution suite including our Enterprise Content Management (ECM), especially OnBase and DocuWare, as well as our Intelligent Data Capture (IDC) product portfolio, including ABBYY and Ephesoft.
- Work closely with the Sales and Product Partners to provide full assistance in support of the successful achievement of sales targets while adhering to cost of sales objectives, including standard and customized on-site and remote presentations and demonstrations.
- Partner with the Sales and Professional Services teams to provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to craft the most appropriate solution to meet the client's needs.
- Partner with the Sales and Professional Services teams to produce Proof of Concept (POC) solutions as part of solution sales strategy execution.
- Partner with the Marketing team in the development and delivery of outbound demand generation materials and presentations such as company hosted webinars, seminars, and tradeshows.
- Illustrate the value of MTS and the solutions offered to prospects in a compelling manner.
- Responsible for aligning the MTS product portfolio capabilities (products and services) with client business requirements.
- Participate in the development & completion of submitted RFI/RFP documents, bid coordination, prospect qualification, discovery and requirements gathering, product demonstrations, technical discussions, and design solution proposals.
- Promote and support sales opportunities with existing MTS accounts and help to ensure that customers are successful in their objectives and remain reference-able for MTS.
- Represent MTS at Trade Show events and conferences to increase brand and solution visibility (company booth, panel discussions, industry speaker, etc.).
- Develop credibility and confidence with prospects through the sales lifecycle through the demonstration of expertise and strong engagement skills.
- Coordinate with IT, Sales, and Professional Services teams to ensure that the necessary environments and the most current demonstrable product release is available for use.
- Develop demonstration strategies to promote strategic features and capitalize on customer and market driven value propositions.
- Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap and maintaining ability to effectively communicate roadmap to prospects and clients in support of business opportunities.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products offered by MTS; including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Responsible for staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between products offered by MTS and its competitors.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Job Related Experience:
- Must possess at least 5 years of sales, pre-sales and/or implementation experience with software solutions, ideally in the financial, government, and/or AP verticals.
- Experience with commercially available off-the-shelf content management platforms is preferred. Preferably with OnBase and/or DocuWare.
- Experience or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above.
- Experience working independently to solve problems without precedents or guidelines.
- Experience or ability to quickly acquire in-depth understanding of relevant markets.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- A demonstrated understanding of how various organizations utilize content management solutions.
- Ability to confirm solution fit and identify customer specific benefits that will help contribute to a unique business value offering.
- Ability to understand and articulate customer business requirements and develop the corresponding proposal design.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to winning long-term business relationships.
- An understanding of common databases (Oracle, SQL, Sybase, DB2), networking, and operating systems.
- An understanding of business intelligence and associated reporting tools (Crystal, Cognos, Actuate, and Business Objects).
- Hyland, DocuWare and/or OCR experience preferably with ABBYY and/or Ephesoft
- Strong skill level with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
- Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer facing situations.
- Knowledge of the sales engineering function and sales engineering processes within a software organization.
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and manner.
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Responsive, reliable and results oriented.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% including nights and weekends as required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan with up to 4% company match
- Work with a great team to solve challenging business problems
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.